|Home||The Archive||List of Board Members||List of Photos||List of Committees||Library Website||Contact|
|Dec. 7, 1926
The West Lafayette Library board met in regular session with the following members present – Mrs. Price, Mr. Vawter, Mrs. Price, Mr. Campbell & Mrs. McQueen. In the absence of the president – Mr. Burtsfield, the vice president Mrs. Price presided and welcomed the two new Board members, Mr. L. J. Price and Prof. E. G. Campbell who were appointed by the City Council in December to atke the place of J. B. Cunningham and Mr. W. R. Smith, whose terms had expired.
The following bills were read, approved, and ordered paid:
Total – 236.10
The Librarian's report was read, accepted and ordered filed. Fines collected amounted to $7.27 – previous balance $8.54, making a total of $15.81 with expenditures of $4.61 leaving a balance of $11.20.
A discussion followed as to the use of the upstairs rooms, equipment, etc., but no definite plans were made.
Rev. Ballinger and Mr. Scipio of the M. E. Church called upon the Board and asked permission to use a portion of the Library Building for their men's class on Sunday mornings, explaining their crowded condition at the church. It was decided to take this matter up at a future meeting to be called by the President.
The Board agreed that beginning Jan. 1st, 1927 each patron of the Library residing outside the city limits would be asked to pay one dollar ($1.00) per year for the use of books.
There being no further business the meeting adjourned.
Grace H. Price – V.P.
Ethel B. McQueen – Sec.