It’s quick and easy to obtain an Evergreen Indiana Library card with the West Lafayette Public Library.
Please bring the following information with you when you come to the Library to apply for your new card:
- A government issued picture ID with your current local address on it
- A government issued picture ID and
- Proof of your local residence such as a:
- Voter's registration card
- Car registration
- Lease or dorm contract
- Property tax statement
- Utility bill (telephone, gas, electric, water, etc.) issued within the last 60 days
- Bank statement issued within the last 60 days
The Library is located on the corner of Chauncey and Columbia Street in Chauncey Village in downtown West Lafayette. For your convenience there is a parking garage on Columbia Street, across from the Library.
West Lafayette Public Library
208 West Columbia
West Lafayette, IN 47906
The Library has book drops where you can return books and other checked out items 24/7:
- WALK-UP on the East side of the Library building (on Chauncey Street)
- NEW: WALK-UP at Lincoln Park on Lincoln Street, just East of Robinson and Salisbury Streets*
- NEW: WALK-UP at Lommel Park at the Wilshire Street entrance, near the corner of Wilshire and Sparta Streets*
- DRIVE-UP in front of the Payless Supermarket on West Sagamore Parkway
- DRIVE-UP outside the Kurz Purdue Technology Center building in Research Park (Monday - Friday pick-up)
You can return any materials at any of these three locations any time of the day or night.
The West Lafayette Library is working with West Lafayette Parks and Recreation and with local neighborhood representatives to expand the Library’s Little Free Library network. The West Lafayette Library currently stewards little free libraries at Lincoln and Lommel Parks. Suggestions for location are welcome.
*Funded through a grant provided by North Central Health Services
Donations of books, music, movies, magazines, etc. are accepted any time during Library hours. Please ask, for assistance, at the information desk, in the front of the Library, when you arrive.
Other ways to support the Library are available, including monetary donations and gifts. Visit the support section of our website for more information.
Personal papers and other materials of local historical interest may be accepted for our archive. Click here for more information if you are interested in donating items to the WLPL Archives.
Effective December 17, 2009
It pays to return on time