When a donor transfers materials to the WLPL Archives, the WLPL Archives organizes and preserves the donation and makes it available to researchers.
The following is a list of services the WLPL Archives will provide regarding your donation.
- The donation will be organized and, if appropriate, a bibliographic record and/or finding aid (index) will be created to describe the content and the arrangement.
- The donation will be placed in nondamaging containers and stored in the WLPL.
- The donation will be available to researchers in the WLPL Archives after it is organized, physically stabilized, and prepared for use.
- Should the Deed of Gift contain temporary restrictions on portions of the donation, the restrictions will be strictly enforced.
- When applicable, the WLPL Archives will alert researchers to existing copyrights relating to the donation and will include such statements in the bibliographic record and/or finding aid.
- The WLPL Archives will require that appropriate and complete citations be included in all information relating to the donation, such as exhibitions, publications, and media productions; citation will read as follows: "Courtesy of the WLPL Archives, Collections Name, Archival Call Number."
- The WLPL Archives will permanently maintain (confidential) files documenting the acquisition of the donation and its use.